Get In Touch With Us Now
Work of Science Explained
A Work of Science (WOS) is an intellectual property form that is registered as a copyright work under the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
By registering your idea as copyright, you can protect the results of a specific embodiment of the idea. Thus, your creative activities can result in solutions that are truly useful for your business. In addition, registering a work of science is the equivalent of patenting, but the process is much quicker.
Work of Science grants its owner the following exclusive rights:
- Right for commercial usage
- Reproduction right
- Right of creating derivative works
- Distribution rights
- The right to public performance
- The right of public display and the right to fair use
Benefits of Registering Your Ideas with WOS
If you need assistance protecting your technology, process, or methodology, the IP experts at INTEROCO Copyright Office Dubai are ready to assist. Utilizing a unique tool, Work of Science, we have a vast and successful experience in registering Intellectual Property objects. Compared to patenting ideas and inventions, it is faster, more efficient, and less expensive.
Legal protection of your IP objects as a WOS has bespoke benefits:
Recognition of authorship throughout the world
The possibility of capitalization and monetization
Prohibition of unfair competition around the world (in all member countries of the Berne Convention)
Protection of commercial using of technology, process, methodology
Legalization of the use of work of science by the author
What Is Eligible for Protection with WOS
Are you interested in starting a new business and attracting investors? In order to protect your unique business concept and processes, it is best to protect your business model as WOS. In addition to that, you can protect other intangible assets within one month with Work of Science instead of spending two years registering a patent.
The most popular objects eligible for Work of Science protection:
- Technologies, methods, business processes, devices, machines
- Author’s projects, business models
- Training, IT, and info-products
- Websites, mobile applications
- Business algorithms, games, etc.
Work of Science protection can include the following parts (if provided):
Way of working
Way of using
The work must possess an innovative level, and if the object of protection is a business project, this project must be implemented in a specific algorithm (model) with an innovative level.
WOS Registration Process in the UAE
Filing and submission of application and fees
The very first step of IP asset registration as WOS is filling and submitting the client’s application and payment of specified fees as well as submission of the documents for the registration.
Based on the initial description form, our IP Experts conduct comprehensive research for the uniqueness of the concept:
- Experts will check if there are any similar projects are registered
- Client receive the list of the similar project which are already registered
- Client choose 3 projects which are similar the most among the provided analogs
- Based on the full description and 3 closest analogs chosen by the client, our IP Experts prepare the final documents for the submission
Submission of application and work copies to INTEROCO Copyright Office
We will fill and submit an online form and then will provide the copies of the work which you want to get registered at the INTEROCO Copyright Office.
Registration and issuance of IP Certificate
Once your assets for the copyright object is registered, you will receive mail containing your certificate of registration. The duration of the registration period usually ranges up to 1 month. It also depends on the kind of work which is to be registered.
Result of Legal Protection with WOS - What You Will Get
- INTERNATIONAL COPYRIGHT CERTIFICATE by INTEROCO Copyright Office (Berlin, Germany).
- Certificate is recognized in 179 countries according to the International Berne Convention for Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
- Certificate is issued in 2 languages – English and Arabic.
- Valid for the lifetime of the Author + 50 years after the author’s death.
- Delivery of the certificate will be done by courier, or you can collect it from our office.
Based on the expertise gained over more than 500 cases, INTEROCO Copyright Office Dubai comes up with turnkey solutions for Intellectual Property protection and capitalization. Your intellectual property is guaranteed to be protected at the highest level as we are an exclusive representative in the MENA region of the International Online Copyright Office INTEROCO.
INTEROCO is Europe’s largest depository of author’s works. It issues international author’s certificates complying with the requirements of the Berne Convention for Protection of Literary and Artistic Works. This certificate is recognized in 179 countries around the world.
|Description||UAE Patent Office||INTEROCO Copyright Office (Dubai)|
|Registration time||Up to 18 months||10 days|
|Regions of protection||UAE||179 countries|
|Protection duration||Lasts 20 years||Typically lasts the creator's lifetime, plus 70 years|
|English version of Certificate|
|Arabic Version of Certificate|
|Who can registrate the invention||Objects of patent rights are usually registered to a legal entity||Can be registered by private individual|